At Scouting Merch we consider the upstream and downstream impacts of our business. It’s been important to us to examine this closely for what we offer. As a merchandise company, it means we look at the ‘end of life’ impacts of the products we produce. Our goal is to sell durable, practical goods that have long lives and stay out of the landfill. That said, we know some items will come to a natural end of life and we aim to ensure our clients know how to dispose of those items responsibly. We also will be providing additional resources on how to recover merchandise to recycle/repurpose/extend the life and value.
In addition, there are times when a product is misprinted or embroidered incorrectly, the product becomes obsolete. We work with clients in those situations to ensure the product is reused, recycled, repurposed or disposed of responsibly.
- We aim to sell products that are long-lasting, durable and stay out of the landfill. This means we will always recommend a higher quality item that will work as close to our client’s budget as possible.
- We aim to sell products that are made from materials that are easily recyclable or compostable in accordance with leading standards and the FTC Guidelines on Environmental Claims.
- We can inform clients on the recyclability of their merchandise items in given markets according to the FTC Guidelines if needed.
In the case of misprints or damaged merchandise:
- We offer a discount to our client if the product is still usable.
- We strive to upcycling or find an alternative way to repurpose the product if possible.
- We work with the client to determine if there is a reuse, repurpose or ‘limited/error’ trade-able opportunity.
- We research and manage recycling or responsible disposal if necessary.